- HPE B-series SN8700B 64Gb/s 64-port high-density blade allows the HPE SN8700B to expand up to 512 ports along with 32 ICL connections for an additional 128 ports for chassis-to-chassis interconnect.
- HPE B-series SN8700B 64Gb SAN Director is offered with the flexibility of both Non-Port side Intake (NPI) and with Non-Port side Exhaust (NPE).
- HPE B-series SN8700B Director blades are fully-integrated with 32 64Gb double density short wave, 48 64Gb short wave, 48 32Gb short wave, or 48 32Gb long wave transceivers.
- HPE B-series SN8700B Director offers reduced latency compared to the previous generation.
- The core blade upgrades for the HPE B-series SN8600B Director Switch allow customers to upgrade and unlock the features and 64Gb port bandwidth without replacing their chassis.
HPE Storage Area Network Director Switch features up to 64Gbps FC performance and up to 39.6Tbps chassis bandwidth to address I/O and bandwidth-intensive applications for private cloud storage and highly virtualized environments.
Supports flash-based storage workloads with up to 1 billion IOPS utilizing 64-port 64Gb FC blade, 48-port 64Gb FC blade, 64-port 32Gb QSFP blade, 48-port 32Gb FC blade, and 32Gb SAN extension blade.
Increase scalability with up to 2X throughput for high-density virtual machine (VM) deployments and larger fabrics, allowing organizations to support more storage devices using the same number of FC links.1
HPE Storage Area Network Director family provides higher chassis, slot-to-slot, and port performance, enabling faster deployment of applications.
HPE B-series Director Switches offer local switching capabilities to verify that data traffic within the same port group does not consume slot bandwidth, increasing the number of line-rate ports.
HPE Storage Area Network Director simplifies monitoring, management, and diagnostics to avoid problems before they impact operations and it dramatically reduces total cost of ownership (TCO).
The HPE I/O Insight software with 64Gb and 32Gb FC technology enhances visibility into the health of your SAN.
Enables pro-active monitoring of I/O performance and behavior through integrated network sensors, allowing real-time monitoring of NVMe workloads, providing deep insight into problems, and improving service-level agreements (SLAs).
With new automation, organizations can quickly and reliably perform resource intensive tasks, such as provisioning, and enable uninterrupted SAN monitoring, so that tasks can be completed in less time. With automation, organizations can automate repetitive daily tasks and deliver consistent results.
Improves Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Solutions
The HPE Storage Area Network Director delivers high bandwidth, port density, and throughput required for application performance over WAN connections addressing demanding disaster recovery (DR) requirements through 64Gb, 32Gb FC, and 1GbE/10GbE/40GbE ports.
Reduces bandwidth costs with in-flight data compression at wire speed and increases security with in-flight data encryption.
Provides native 10Gbps FC support on the 32Gb and 64Gb blade.
HPE SN8600B 8-slot Power Pack+ Director Switch, HPE SN8600B 4-slot Power Pack+ Director Switch, HPE SN8700B 8-slot Power Pack+ Director Switch, and HPE SN8700B 4-slot Power Pack+ Director Switch seamlessly integrate with NVMe throughout the fabric.
Enables high-density, core-edge, and active-active mesh chassis topologies reducing inter-switch cabling by up to 75%.2
To meet ever-increasing demands for faster, more reliable data access, it is essential for organizations to deploy a modernized infrastructure that reduces latency, increases bandwidth, and helps ensure near-continuous availability. Unprecedented performance is not enough on its own.
2 Two 64-port blades support 32 Inter-Switch Link (ISL) cable connections versus 128 FC cables required using the 48-port blades to achieve the same ISL connectivity, a 75% reduction in cable connectivity.
* Prices may vary based on local reseller.