HPE FlexNetwork 5140 HI Switch Series
The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 HI Switch Series delivers high availability and scalability at the access layer of medium and large enterprise campus networks.
These switches offer high speed connectivity and flexibility with 10GbE uplinks and combo ports. Support for add-on modules increases capacity with additional features. It is a highly cost-effective switch with abundant features such as DRNI and IRF for improved resiliency, QoS features for better reliability, iNQA for real time network health performance and capacity visibility, hardware-based MACsec for end-to-end encrypted security, and dual redundant power supplies with Energy Efficient Ethernet for improved power saving.
This switch series also includes Smart MC at no additional cost and, when combined with Intelligent Management Center (IMC), provides both embedded network management and enhanced network visibility.
Want to configure your own?Configurations
- 48 fixed 10/100/1000Base-T POE+ Ports 4 fixed SFP+ Ports (min=0 \ max=4 SFP/SFP+ Transceivers) 1 port expansion module slot Must select min 1/ max 2 power supply Includes 2 Fan Trays 1U - Height
- 24 fixed 10/100/1000Base-T POE+ Ports 4 fixed SFP+ Ports (min=0 \ max=4 SFP/SFP+ Transceivers) 1 port expansion module slot Must select min 1/ max 2 power supply Includes 2 Fan Trays 1U - Height
- 48 fixed 10/100/1000Base-T Ports 4 fixed SFP+ Ports (min=0 \ max=4 SFP/SFP+ Transceivers) 1 port expansion module slot Must select min 1/ max 2 power supply Includes 2 Fan Trays 1U - Height
- 16 fixed 10/100/1000Base-T Ports 8 combo SFP Ports (min=0 \ max 8 SFP Transceivers) 4 fixed SFP+ Ports (min=0 \ max=4 SFP/SFP+ Transceivers) 1 port expansion module slot Must select min 1/ max 2 power supply Includes 2 Fan Trays 1U - Height
Existing selections will be lost. Click OK to proceed further.
- Gigabit Ethernet access switch with intermediate L3 routing features such as OSPF V2 / OSPF V3 / VRRP / VRRPE / Routed Ports, RIP, 10GbE uplinks, and POE+ models for voice,video, and wireless.
- Higher port switching capacity, forwarding performance and port line rate granularity, 2X dynamic ARP, 2X IPv6 unicast routing, and introduction of IGMP proxy for improved performance.
- DRNI combines multiple physical switches into one virtual distributed-relay (DR) system for doubling aggregate bandwidth, faster forwarding, resiliency, and high availability.
- Intelligent Network Quality Analyzer (iNQA) measures network packet loss performance and provides visibility into real-time application performance and health.
- Industry standard AES 256 MACsec support, higher MAC port binding and link group capacity for improved end-to-end network security. 2-port AES256 MACsec module R9L65A has been introduced.
- Smart Management Center (SmartMC) provides centralized network management and maintains dispersed network edge devices at no additional cost.
Highly Resilient and Scalabale Access Layer Switches
The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 HI Switch series uses Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) to support virtualization of up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, and more agile networks.
Supports 10GbE uplinks, static and RIP routing, PoE+, ACLs, and IPv6 for improved and cost‑effective network performance.
DRNI enables link aggregation from multiple switches to implement device-level link backup for node redundancy. DRNI also simplifies network topology by virtualizing two physical devices into a logical device.
iNQA helps in measuring network packet loss performance, forward, reverse, and two-way packet loss, including lost number of messages and bytes, message loss, and byte loss rate.
Dual, redundant, hot-swappable power supplies maintain a dynamic and highly available network switch, delivering up to 1440 Watts of PoE+ for powered cameras, phones, and wireless Access Points.
Robust Quality of Service (QoS)
The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 HI Switch Series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which groups traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2 and 3 information; it applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or the entire switch.
Provides extensive traffic prioritization with strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), and SP+WRR.
Broadcast control and limitation of broadcast traffic rate can reduce unwanted network traffic and preserve more bandwidth for critical data.
Comprehensive Security Control
HPE FlexNetwork 5140 HI Switch series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, MAC Authentication and Encryption for greater device security and policy-driven application authentication. Per-user Access Control Lists (ACLs) provide identity-driven security and access control.
Dynamic ARP protection with functions such as ARP Detection and ARP packet validation blocks broadcast from unauthorized hosts and prevents eavesdropping or theft of network data.
Supports industry standard AES256 MACsec which provides increased MAC port binding and link group capacity for greater end-to-end security.
Centralized security policy management and network protection with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) which leverages End User Admission Domination (EAD) integrated security policies, network access control and access right control policies to provide a comprehensive integrated security system.
Security with encryption of all access methods (CLI, GUI, or MIB) through SSHv2, SSL, and/or SNMPv3, and other features including DHCP protection, IP source guard, dynamic ARP protection, and RADIUS/HWTACAS.
The HPE FlexNetwork 5130 HI Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance, and policy management.
Supports SmartMC, an embedded network management tool, with a web-based GUI to simplify operations and facilitate centralized management at no additional cost. It offers features such as configuration backup, software version management, and seamless switch replacement.
RMON and sFlow® provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events to help network operators with capacity planning and real-time network monitoring.
sFlow® is a registered trademark of INMON Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
* Prices may vary based on local reseller.
Find what you are looking for?