HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 Server
Are you looking for a 2U ultra-dense and rack-scale system providing the right balance of capacity, performance, and security for your data storage intensive workloads?
The HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 server offers an architecture optimized for Big Data Analytics, Software-Defined Storage, backup and archive, and other data storage intensive workloads. Its unique, easily serviceable 2U design saves data center space with up to 28 LFF or 54 SFF hot-plug drives. It delivers accelerated performance with a superior bandwidth and balanced architecture, Intel® Xeon® Processors, and NVMe connected SSDs. The focus on security extends from FIPS 140-2 Level 1 validated storage controllers down to the system silicon level, taking full advantage of HPE innovations in firmware protection, malware detection, and recovery. With HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity and HPE Financial Services, you can combine the economic agility benefits of consumption-based IT with the performance and security of on-premise.
- Support for HPE 16 TB SAS and SATA Business Critical 7.2K HDDs increases the maximum raw capacity to 448 TB in large form factor (LFF) models.
- Support for HPE Very Read Optimized (VRO) SATA SFF and LFF SSDs. VRO SSDs are QLC NAND-based and have variable endurance levels optimized to certain workloads that are very read-centric.
- Optional rear storage upgrade to support up to 6 SFF NVMe solid state drives (SSDs) with new choices for SFF SSDs: 800 GB to 15.36 TB NVMe Read Intensive and Mixed Use.
- The new Pensando Distributed Services Platform (DSP) delivers a powerful and scalable suite of software-defined network and security services like firewall, micro-segmentation, and telemetry.
- Flexible HPE Smart Array Gen10 Controllers support and encryption features to meet different performance requirements for storage solutions.
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with up to 28 cores and memory speeds up to 2933 MT/s, now featuring R series of 2nd Generation models.
Dense Systems for Unstructured Data and Big Data Workloads
HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 is designed with optimal amount of storage and compute capacity for enterprises embracing digital transformation (DX). This DX journey assumes that the enterprise is constantly collecting huge amounts of unstructured data across the organization.
HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 is a market leader in density-optimized data storage in a unique, easier to service 2U standard rack depth chassis with co-located compute power (latest generation of Intel Xeon processors) to address all the workload varieties in a modern enterprise.
HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 supports for up to 28 Large Form Factor (LFF) or 54 Small Form Factor (SFF) hot-plug drives and without I/O compromises. Using a combination of SSDs and HDDs, customers can built a system with almost 1 petabyte (PB) of storage in just one server.
HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 supports for daisy-chaining of out of band management network ports for 95% reduction in management network port consumption per 42U rack.
Scale-out Ready Systems for Enterprise Customers
Organizations need a resilient scale-out software system overlay on top of storage hardware that grows with demand, that makes data visible for building data-driven use-cases, and that constantly monitors the underlying hardware, ultimately providing a seamless application experience running on top.
HPE has partnered with Cohesity, Qumulo and Scality to develop tightly integrated scale-out software solutions on top of HPE Apollo 4000 family of systems specifically targeted to address the rising scale of unstructured data.
Tight integration of software and hardware and joint validations of scale-out systems with partners means no need for enterprise IT to stitch point products together.
Built-in Global Intelligence and Data Protection
HPE InfoSight is built into every HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 server. HPE InfoSight has analyzed over 1,250 trillion data points and transformed how storage is managed and supported.
Through cloud-based machine learning, it has predicted and prevented thousands of disruptions from storage to applications and automated 85% of support calls. This has ultimately increased infrastructure uptime for our customers.
HPE iLO 5 chipset, integrated in every HPE Apollo Gen10 server, provides an unprecedented level of hardware security with its silicon root of trust and secure out-of-band management functionality.
iLO ensures protection against unauthorized users, strong authentication, extensive firmware protection, malware detection, and encryption of data, keystrokes and security keys
Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Xeon® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
* Prices may vary based on local reseller.